Haldanes explored the Latin American market
Our partner, Felix Ng, represented Haldanes to take part in a two-week Business Executives’ Workshop held in La Jolla, California and Mexico City, Mexico. Co-organized by the Institute of Americas and ChinaGoAbroad, this workshop aimed at connecting Chinese business executives and professionals with prominent enterprises in Latin America.
With a view to expanding its existing network in Latin America, Haldanes was the only Hong Kong-based law firm that participated in the workshop whilst Felix has the advantage of being a Spanish speaker. Other delegates included China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), Chadbourne & Parke LLP (New York), DeHeng Law Offices (Beijing), TransAsia Lawyers (Beijing), Mural Táctil (Mexico) and Chinese Academy of Social Science.
The delegation visited various organizations and discussed the opportunities and challenges for Chinese enterprises in Latin America with numerous prominent speakers, including:
1. Consul General of Brazil
2. Trade Commissioner of Chile
3. Special Assistant to President Bill Clinton on Latin American affairs
4. ProMéxico, Ministry of Economy of the Mexican Government
5. HSBC Mexico
6. Deloittes Mexico
7. Galicia Abogados (one of the largest law firms in Mexico)
8. Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd (a leading Chinese enterprise that invests in Latin America)
9. Tijuana Economic Development Council, Mexico
10. Professors from University of California, San Diego
ChinaGoAbroad is a platform connecting leading law firms and business corporations in China with their global counterparts. Haldanes is an active member of ChinaGoAbroad, and our John McLellan and Felix Ng are the partners-in-charge.
For Haldanes’ profile on ChinaGoAbroad, please click here