Anson Douglas is a litigation associate of Haldanes. He has a mixed practice of both Civil and Criminal litigation.
In respect of civil litigation, Anson has extensive experience in matters such as debt recovery, civil fraud, financial mis-selling, shareholders’ and directors’ disputes, insolvency and contractual disputes.
Anson has also acted in Arbitration matters under the ICC, SIAC, HKIAC and ad hoc UNCITRAL rules.
In respect of criminal litigation, Anson specializes in criminal defence with a focus on white collar crimes and regulatory offences. He also frequently assists in ICAC and immigration investigations.
His notable experience includes:-
Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution:-
- Acted regularly for a Hong Kong commercial bank in debt recovery matters for their loans and hire purchase departments
- Represented an investor in a dispute in a US$300,000,000 property acquisition
- Represented a creditor in a debt recovery case worth HK$500,000,000 involving issues of fraud
- Represented a listed telecommunications company in an UNCITRAL arbitration for a contractual claim of US$900,000
- Represented a property developer in a SIAC arbitration for a contractual claim of US$960,000
- Represented a foreign national in a cross-border M&A dispute in HKIAC arbitration claim of US$300,000
- Representing an investor against a global bank to recuperate investment losses worth US$5,000,000 in an investment mis-selling case
Criminal Litigation and Investigations:-
- Acting for the director in a multinational corporation involved in high profile ICAC investigations concerning public infrastructure
- Acting for a multinational corporation charged for leasing vehicles for hire by mobile applications without proper licenses and third party insurance
- Acting for a HK retail bank in defending allegations of fraudulent practice