Florence was admitted as a solicitor and joined Haldanes as an associate in 2019.
Florence regularly appears in all levels of courts ranging from the Magistrates’ Courts to the Court of Final Appeal and also frequently attends legal visits with clients at police stations as well as interviews with other law enforcement authorities. Her practice encompasses areas including but not limited to: public order related offences, dangerous drugs related offences, dishonest offences, driving offences, sexual offences, offences against the person, and immigration offences. Florence is also experienced at providing legal advice in relation to judicial review and election petition proceedings. She has also developed a strong network with leading criminal Counsel and Senior Counsel in Hong Kong and abroad.
Florence frequently deals with complex commercial crimes and securities, regulatory and disciplinary matters. She has rich experience in representing clients to communicate with and defend against the authorities including the Securities & Futures Commission (SFC), the Commercial Crime Bureau (CCB) and the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC). Florence is skilled at helping clients to draft and revise written submissions (in Chinese or English) to various authorities.
Florence is a native Mandarin speaker with outstanding Chinese drafting skills and good at providing advice in respect of PRC-related matters.
- Represented directors of Hong Kong listed companies in various SFC investigations
- Provided legal advice on regulatory risks and taxation issues to a company operating cross-border peer-to-peer lending business
- Represented a defendant who was charged of conspiracy to defraud with the relevant amount being over USD300 million and successfully obtained bail from High Court. In the end, the prosecution decided not to proceed the charge against our client
- Represented and advised a defendant in a District Court money laundering case with the relevant amount being over HKD 900 million
- Secured an acquittal for a defendant who was charged of riot in a 91-day High Court re-trial before jury
- Represented a defendant in a dangerous driving causing death trial and the defendant was acquitted of dangerous driving causing death
- Provided legal advice from a Hong Kong law perspective for clients in investigations with PRC law enforcement authorities involved