Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Hong Kong
- Professional Qualifications
- Civil Celebrant of Marriages
- Cantonese • English • Mandarin
- (852) 2230 2848
- (852) 2845 1637
Henry has been practising in civil litigation and dispute resolution since 2008.
Henry handles a wide range of civil dispute matters, focusing on disputes arising from complex commercial transactions, shareholders/partnership disputes, and fraud cases.
He also has experience handling land and tenancy disputes, employment-related claims, personal bankruptcy and company liquidation cases, as well as disputes involving intellectual property rights.
Henry regularly represents local and overseas clients, from entrepreneurs to professionals and start-up businesses to multi-national corporations and listed companies.
He is also adept at handling cases involving proceedings in multiple jurisdictions.
His wealth of experience enables him to effectively combine his legal knowledge with practical handling of the case process in close coordination with clients and other stakeholders.
- Read more
- Acted in a shareholders’ dispute relating to a business of over 25 years, involving petitions in Hong Kong and the BVI for “unfair prejudice” remedies and just and equitable winding-up
- Acted in a worldwide litigation relating to the use of funds in the construction of a resort in Jamaica, which involves successfully obtaining Mareva asset-freezing injunction and disclosure orders in Hong Kong
- Acted in a contract claim of close to HK$1 billion with proceedings in both Hong Kong and the PRC
- Acted for a listed company in a claim against its former directors for breach of duties in procuring various questionable transactions
- Acted for a listed company in an application to discharge the appointment of provisional liquidators
- Acted for a former director of a subsidiary of a listed company in defending claims for misfeasance of office
- Acted for the provisional liquidators of a listed company in a dispute involving various camps of stakeholders, including defending an application by an opposing creditor to discharge the provisional liquidators
- Acted for a substantial shareholder of a listed company in defending a claim for transaction of shares at an undervalue
- Acted for a listed company in a claim against its former auditor for professional negligence
- Acted for a listed company and its subsidiaries in a dispute relating to trademark ownership
- Acted for substantial shareholders of a listed company in a claim involving acquisition of business
- Acted for a subsidiary of a Chinese state-owned enterprise in a dispute relating to share mortgage
- Acted for a medical supplies company in a claim by the Hong Kong Government for over HK$95 million
- Acted for a film production company in defending a claim for copyright infringement
- Acted for a media celebrity in a claim for harassment, including successfully obtaining interim injunctive relief
- Acted for a family of village inhabitants in a claim for adverse possession of land exceeding 5,000 square metres in Yuen Long
- Acted for both claimants and defendants in email fraud claims
- Acted in numerous claims involving nuisance in domestic premises
- Acted in numerous claims involving domestic water leakage disputes
- Acted in numerous claims involving renovation works disputes