Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Hong Kong
- (852) 2230 2881
- (852) 2845 1637
Patrick has a wealth of experience in dealing with complex commercial litigation.
He has acted for individuals, public companies and Hong Kong statutory authorities such as the SFC in resolving commercial disputes and has formed a particular expertise in providing advice in three main areas; employment related litigation, insolvency and fraud related litigation and Hong Kong adverse possession disputes.
Patrick has acted in several high-profile New Territories adverse possession cases including the landmark Court of Final Appeal Cases No. 13 and 21 of 2005 – Chan Suk Yin and Wong Yam Tai v Harvest Good Development Limited.
He has also acted for the SFC in a public interest Winding Up Petition presented against Mandarin Resources Corporation, also for Asian Power Development Ltd in a Winding Up Petition presented against the Poly Power Group and for Libertarian Investments Ltd in a major breach of trust litigation against Thomas Alexej Hall.
Patrick has experience with international arbitration hearings, employment-related court hearings, and mediations from the Labour Tribunal to the High Court, acting for major multinational corporations, banks and individuals.
- Read more
- Acting in a local and overseas mediation sessions in relation to a multiparty employment dispute with a major international airline.
- Acting for a worldwide Italian multinational in disputed high profile Labour Tribunal proceedings which were subsequently successfully settled without recourse to further litigation.
- Has acted for both corporations and individuals in assisting to settle protracted employment disputes with a satisfactory clean break exit for both sides.
- Has acted for employers to obtain injunctive relief for the return of confidential information from ex-employees.
- Has advised international corporations and individuals extensively upon the validity and enforceability of restrictive covenants both pre and post termination of employment.
- Acting for a leading aviation Trade Union in relation to general employment advice