Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Hong Kong
- Cantonese • English • Korean • Mandarin
- (852) 2230 1412
- (852) 2845 1637
Vivian has worked for a number of years in the Civil Litigation Department, acting for clients in a range of civil dispute and litigation matters.
In particular, she has extensive experience in handling employees’ compensation and personal injury matters including medical negligence cases.
In early 2023, she represented clients in two appeals of great public and constitutional importance concerning human rights, which were allowed by the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal.
She has also dealt with cases concerning contractual disputes, labour relations, debt recovery, insolvency, civil fraud, defamation, probate and applications under the Mental Health Ordinance.
Vivian has experience in dealing with commercial and conveyancing matters, including conducting sales transactions and preparing tenders and mortgages.
Vivian obtained both her Bachelor of Laws degree and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the University of Hong Kong.
She is conversant in French and Japanese.
She was appointed as a Civil Celebrant of Marriages in December 2023.
- Read more
- Represented clients in two appeals of public and constitutional importance, with both appeals being allowed by the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal.
- Represented client in an application for appointing administrator in administering the estate that worth more than HK$10 billion.
- Represented a company in a mortgage action in defending a claim instituted by a mortgagee concerning a property that worth more than HK$150 million.
- Represented client in taking out an urgent injunction and the amount concerned worth more than HK$30 million.
- Represented client in claiming against hospital for medical negligence, the claim of which worth more than HK$24 million.
- Represented a Hong Kong listed company in claiming misconduct committed by directors.
- Represented client in reaching settlement with an asset management company who has a wealth management platform in South-East Asia.
- Represented a Hong Kong food, beverage restaurant group (with various franchise brands) in claiming breach of contract.
- Represented company clients in claiming for breach of employment contract against 9 defendants.
- Represented client in instituting a judicial review action.
- Represented client in instituting court action on equal opportunities.
“I have just completed a Settlement Agreement that Vivian has been helping me with for some time and I have appreciated Vivian’s direction and advice over the years.”
“I’m very pleased with the work done here, thank you.”